OLIVE HOUSEHOLD ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING PROGRAM
Olive Household Economic Strengthening Program (OLIVE HELP) is a program under OCDI livelihood, this program aims at supporting women with financial and infrastructural resources to boost their businesses which in turn increases their income and improving the general well being of the household thereby contributing to the achievement of SDG 3 by 2020.•
We hope to;
• To yearly empower at least 300 women with financial support for micro enterprise development and as such contribute to the achievement of SDG 2 by 2020
• To build the capacity or train at least 300 women yearly on financial management skills (Record keeping, savings, investment and branding) to enhance their patronage.
• To give infrastructural support to at least 5 women economic interest groups to increase their productivity and as such contribute to the achievement of SDG 8 and 9.
• To support the establishment of at least 3 cooperative groups yearly among beneficiaries so they can be self-reliant and financially stable.
• To provide at least 500 women yearly from different groups affordable and clean energy by introducing clean stoves without smoke and as such contribute to the achievement of SDG 3, 7, 9, and 11 by 2020.
On the 24th of July 2018, OCDI launched the Olive Help Project starting with financial empowerment (disbursement) and over 50 women from communities within Asa Local government were in attendance, out of which a total number of 33 women received the Olive Help seeds.Also all attendees for the disbursement program benefited from objective 2 (capacity building) lecture on entrepreneurship.